Fan Guide to College MatchDay
Florida and Florida State Collide on Feb. 2
Brian Ormiston | January 25, 2019
The 2019 College MatchDay season kicks off with the annual rivalry between Florida and Florida State, sponsored by the Central Florida Expressway Authority. Before making your way to Lake Nona, read up on everything you need to know for the match.
- Florida vs. Florida State - men.
- Get ready for an electric atmosphere (story).
Date and Time
- Saturday, Feb. 2
- First serve: 6 p.m.
- Gates open: 5 p.m.
- USTA National Campus (Collegiate Complex).
- Address: 10000 USTA Blvd., Orlando, FL 32827.
- Phone: (844) 872-8667.
- We have reached our ticket capacity for Florida vs. Florida State.
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early as complimentary tickets guarantee entry to the Collegiate Center but do not guarantee a seat. Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and standing-room viewing will be available once the seats are full.
- Click here to reserve tickets to all remaining College MatchDay events.
- Parking is free and is first-come, first-serve.
- Fans with RVs are directed to park in the back row of the main parking lot.
- Bus lane is located near the front of the main parking lot.
- Starting at 5 p.m., fans can enjoy tailgating games, face painters, a caricature artist and much more, all for free.
- A free interactive College MatchDay kids’ clinic, powered by Net Generation, will begin at 5 p.m. There will be three 15-minute sessions held at the Collegiate Center.
- There also will be giveaways throughout the night.
- Merchandise, food and refreshments including adult beverages will be available for purchase.
- The match will air live on Tennis Channel with Leif Shiras, Tracy Austin and Carolyn Manno on the call.
- Doubles will open the match. The first team to win two of the three doubles matches earns one overall team point. Matches are one six-game set.
- Following doubles, six singles matches take place (best of three sets). Each match is worth one team point.
- The first school to secure four team points wins the match.
- The national anthem and team introductions will take place on Collegiate Center Court 3 (side facing the parking lot), while all matches will take place on Courts 1-6.
- The previous two meetings between FSU and UF in 2017 and 2018 resulted in the highest-attended regular season college tennis matches in the country each of those seasons.
- The Seminoles delivered a 4-2 win in the 2017 match-up, and then broke through again in 2018 with a heart-pounding 4-3 victory. Last year’s meeting also featured the women from both schools, as the Seminoles defeated the Gators, 4-1.
- Florida leads the all-time series, 57-21.